Stress. It happens to everyone, especially young professionals. Whether you have several projects to complete by the end of the day or have a big presentation to give, stress is a regular occurrence in the professional world. It can make you feel like shutting down and going to bed. The good news is this doesn’t have to be the case! We’ve compiled a list to combat stress in the South Bend region.
1. Sometimes when your mind is going in several different directions, the best thing to do is to take a step back and breathe. What better place to do that than at the Grotto on the University of Notre Dame’s campus. This tranquil spot is nestled behind the Basilica of the Sacred Heart, just beyond the shadow of the Golden Dome. As you walk up to the Grotto, a sense of calmness takes over and the heat from the hundreds of lit candles warms your skin on chilly days and nights. Take time to light a candle of your own and say a prayer, or just rest your mind. The Grotto allows you the opportunity to escape whatever is troubling you.
2. Go for a walk along the St. Joe River. The South Bend River Walk is a great place to stroll and let your mind wander. With the backdrop of downtown South Bend in the distance, you can enjoy scenic views every corner you turn. If you decide to go after the sun sets (which isn’t hard this time of year!), you will be able to see the South Bend River Lights near Seitz Park and the Century Center. The River Lights is an interactive light display turning the river into a living art piece making it a great place for reflection.
3. Looking for something fun to do with friends that will take your mind off of the stresses of work? Look no further than Strikes and Spares Entertainment Center in Mishawaka. Whether you want to go bowling with your friends, play a round of mini golf or even try your hand at the go-karts, there is something for everyone. Need to wet your whistle? Keglers Sports Bar has you covered.
4. One of the more traditional routes to relieving stress is taking a trip to a day spa. South Bend has two day spas in the area, Hair Crafters Day Spa Salon and Therapeutic Indulgence. With head-to-toe treatment options such as massage therapy, facials, and yoga, your stress levels will deplete to nothing.
5. End your day of relaxation with a meal at the East Bank Emporium Restaurant in downtown South Bend. Taste some traditional American cuisine while taking in the great views that the Emporium has to offer. As one of two South Bend restaurants with a patio along the river, you can take in the views of downtown South Bend and the St. Joe River. The meal options offer a taste of the Midwest. Add a cold beverage and good friends to it and you’re all set for a good, stress free time. Make a reservation today!